AirBuddy: Connect AirPods to Your Mac
Instantly Connect & Play Your Mac’s Audio Through Your AirPods with This Multifunctional App
If you want to experience your AirPods on your Mac, then getting AirBuddy is a must. With AirBuddy, you can simply open your AirPods case next to your Mac and see the current status right away, just like how it works on your iPhone or iPad. With just a click you’ll be instantly connected and playing your Mac's audio through your AirPods. Powerful gestures and automation allow you to connect and change listening mode, microphone input, and output volume, without ever having to open up System Preferences or the Bluetooth menu.
What You Already Love
- Show the status of your AirPods Pro or other Apple & Beats headsets when they're near your Mac, just like your iPhone does
- Pick between two status window designs - small or large - both with gorgeous animations & quick connection with a single click
- Connect & change the listening mode on AirPods Pro with a single swipe gesture of the trackpad
- Set up battery alerts so that you're notified when a device is running low on battery or is fully charged
- Check out the status & batteries for all of your Apple & Beats devices at a glance with the status bar menu, including iPhones, iPads, and other Macs running AirBuddy 2
- Magic Handoff: Quickly transfer your Magic Mouse, Trackpad or Keyboard between Macs, with a single click
- Quickly connect to AirPods, switch between listening modes, and more using the status bar menu or keyboard shortcuts
- Set up custom connection modes so that your devices are automatically configured when connected to your Mac. Connection modes can change the listening mode, volume, and whether the device's microphone will be enabled
New Features in AirBuddy 2.5
- Updated Menu Bar and status window interfaces integrate seamlessly with macOS Monterey &match the system's theme.
- Redesigned Preferences UI is user-friendly, featuring a new Advanced tab for power users with maintenance tasks.
- The Shortcuts tab provides easy access and control over enabled keyboard shortcuts in AirBuddy.
- Proximity Engine 2.0 offers a significant improvement in Bluetooth Low Energy responsiveness, up to 5x faster for nearby AirPods.
- Magic Handoff 2 improves reliability and speeds up transferring accessories like Magic Mouse or Magic Keyboard between Macs.
- AirBuddy now supports select non-Apple or Beats devices in macOS Monterey, including Sony WF and WH series headsets.
- Devices can be pinned in the Menu Bar for continuous visibility, regardless of their detection status.
- AirBuddy 2.5 includes a variety of actions for the Shortcuts app, enabling device information retrieval, connection, settings modification, and more.
- The WidgetKit-based widget in macOS Big Sur and Monterey updates frequently and reliably, offering colorful and monochrome themes.
- Battery alerts can be configured to remain on-screen until clicked, and circular alerts can play sounds and have advanced settings.
- Time-sensitive notifications are utilized for low battery alerts when using macOS notifications in Monterey.
- Change listening modes on AirPods Pro and AirPods Max even when not connected to the Mac (requires Apple's automatic switching feature to be enabled).
To see everything that's new with AirBuddy, click here
- macOS 10.14.6 or later
- Mac with Bluetooth low energy
- Any Apple AirPods or Beats headset
- Length of access: lifetime
- Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase
- Device per license: 5
- Access options: desktop & mobile
- Software version: v2
- Updates included
- Have questions on how digital purchases work? Learn more here
- Unredeemed licenses can be returned for store credit within 30 days of purchase. Once your license is redeemed, all sales are final.
Very useful, tricky & amazing app. The item itself really boost my productivity. Thanks Stack Social !Jan 4, 2024
AirBuddy's Interface is nice and easy to use. So I recommend macOS user should install it one first time.Sep 3, 2023
My Airpods now work exactly the same as how they work on my iPhone. I am really satisfied! 10 of 10.Jul 9, 2023
works as expected - like to use it what more do you expect 12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890Jul 9, 2023
With this little app, you can have your AirPods just like how it works on your iPhone. A single click gets you connected, a swipe down lets you connect and change listenings modes at the same time, and much more.Mar 14, 2023
Fun little app that's nice to use and some handy features in combination with shortcuts. One of my menubar favourites.Mar 10, 2023